Test Results - Increasing Risk (8-15)
This score shows an individual to be drinking at a level that puts them at increasing risk of health and social problems. Many people who have a chance to reflect on this will go on to reduce their drinking. The ‘fewer units’ message here can be very useful.
Tips for sensible drinking
- Don’t drink on an empty stomach. Eat before you go out or during the evening.
- When drinking alcohol try and make every other drink a soft drink or water.
- Try to choose low alcoholic drinks.
- Don’t drink in ‘rounds’ – drink at your own pace.
- Try to have at least two alcohol-free days a week.
Tips for change
If you ever feel you need help and support controlling your drinking, don’t hesitate to contact your local GP or alcohol support services. They are there to help and support you.
- Set a limit to your drinking time
- Drink slowly
- Refill your own glass